An easy way to prevent cancer and dementia!
Small Steps for Better Health & Immunity!!
Green tea has the ability to clear nasty toxins from the body.
- It supports the liver in its mission to clear toxins from the blood.
- It helps fat-soluble toxins leave the body with your stool.
- It has been associated with reduced rates of cancer.
- Drinking Green Tea on a regular basis reduces the risk of stomach cancer by 48% and cuts the risk of chronic inflammation of the stomach by 51%.
- Daily green tea drinkers have a 61% lower risk of developing cancer than those who didn’t drink the tea.
- Those who drink Green Tea every day for more than 30 years had an even greater reduction I the risk of cancer by 76%.
- Green tea has been shown to be effective in preventing the development of full-blown prostate tumors in men.
- Green tea is also beneficial for our mental functioning, providing powerful brain protection.
- People who drink two or more cups of green tea a day are 54% less likely to experience the typical cognitive decline that happens as we age. And those who drink a cup a day are 38% less likely to develop dementia.
- Not only do the polyphenols in green tea pass through the blood-brain barrier and serve as protective anti-oxidants for the precious brain cells, but they can also help prevent Parkinson’s disease.
- In animal models, green tea blocks the neurotoxin MPTP’s ability to induce Parkinson’s which is truly astounding, because exposure to MPTP can lead to the development of Parkinson’s-like symptoms within hours.
- It’s been shown to have anti-anxiety effect in animal studies. The effect similar to what happened when psychoactive drugs (benzodiazepines) were administered to the animals.
- It provides protection to the heart.
- People who drink green tea daily (more than 2 cups) is about 30% less likely to die from cardiovascular disease than those who don’t. The biggest protection is against the risk of dying from stroke.
- Drinking a couple of cups of green tea a day significantly increases levels of normal healthy intestinal bacteria and decreases levels of disease-causing bacteria. Tea drinkers in the studies experienced greatly increased levels of both of the healthy bowel bacteria and reduced levels of the unhealthy bacteria.
Immune Boosting Tips
If you feel as though you are coming down with a cold, flu, or virus, these simple tips can help stave off that bug.
- AVOID all sugars! As even 1 teaspoon of sugar decreases your immune system up to 5 hours.
- Drink water! Being dehydrated actually dries up your mucous membranes, which makes you more susceptible to invaders such as colds and flus.
- Eat immune boosting foods such as garlic, thyme, onions, and curry.
- Make Garlic Tea. This is an easy old fashion tea that works wonders because garlic is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. Just peel 5-8 cloves of garlic per person, cut in half, and boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Then drink the water and eat the garlic. Once boiled garlic loses its flavor and really just tastes like a potato. Have the whole family partake to prevent any transmission of illness. This is best to do at the first symptom of any sickness and really helps!
Supportive Herbs and Spices
- Basil. This herb is rich in antioxidants and it’s an anti-microbial so it blocks the progress of viruses that cause colds. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons per day.
- Cinnamon. This spice contains a polyphenol compound that enhances insulin’s function, reducing blood sugar levels and therefore fighting diabetes. Take ½ teaspoon a day.
- Garlic. In studies conducted at the Linus Pauling Institute, people who took this antioxidant herb from the lily family for three months experienced a total cholesterol reduction of 6-11 percent. Eat three to five crushed cooked or raw cloves daily, if you can.
- Nutmeg. Warming spices such as nutmeg lower blood pressure by drawing blood from the body’s center toward the skin, dispersing the blood, and lowering the pressure. Eat 1 teaspoon per day.
- Clove. This spice contains a phytochemical that bars the path of a protein complex associated with arthritis. Take ½ teaspoon a day.
- Thyme. This anti-spasmodic herb can ease coughing and its anti-septic properties combat inflammation of the throat. Take 2 to 3 teaspoons a day.