10 Quick Tips to Increase your Veggie Intake
Prevention is KEY!! Here are ways to prevent disease as well as CANCER. Let’s get started…
Did you know adding 4 cups of vegetables daily will help lower your cancer risk by 73%?
1. Start your day with fruit, a green smoothie, or a green juice.
2. Eat all of your meals on a bed of salad or cooked vegetables.
3. Begin most meals with soup or salad.
4. Add plenty of veggies to every dish you cook or prepare, on sandwiches, in wraps, stir-fries, casseroles, etc.
5. Eat your fruits and/or vegetables before anything else to fill up faster and ensure you get them in.
6. Pick fruits and veggies that you enjoy and prepare them how you love to eat them.
7. Visit a farmer’s market or join a CSA to promote regular accessibility to fresh, local, and seasonal produce.
8. Place veggies at the center of the plate and focus on a rainbow array of colors…use a leafy green or sea vegetable as bread or a bun, make a veggie burger out of different veggies (mushrooms, beets, cauliflower, etc.), or make a gorgeous stir-fry… –
9. Aim to eat the rainbow of colors everyday – Red apples or tomatoes, Yellow squash, Green beans, Blueberries, etc.
10. Eat 1 cup of veggies with each meal and a snack – adding just 4 cups of vegetables per day lowers your cancer risk by 73%!
Would you like more tips like this?
Are you tired of being tired and would like more energy, better moods, and overall wellness?
Call today for a FREE 15 minute consultation – 704-543-5540!