10 Easy Steps to do When you are coming down with something.
What to do when you feel like you are coming down with something…
- Avoid sugar like the plague! Just one teaspoon of sugar will lower your immunity for 5 hours!
- Increase water intake – when you are dehydrated your mucous membranes become more dry which can cause more virus or bacteria to enter your body. Being dehydrated can also cause thicker mucous secretions.
- Eat lightly and avoid dairy, eggs, and fried foods . Heavy hard to digest food can take the energy your body needs to fight this illness and use it for digestion instead of killing the virus or bacteria.
- Make Homemade Garlic Tea – oooh that sounds horrible! But trust me it really doesn’t taste that bad once boiled. Garlic is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal- so it will wipe out anything you have early on!!
Recommended Supplements to keep on hand when the need arises:
What to take for COLDS
- Vitamin A drops– (only thing you should avoid if pregnant)- take a heavty dose for those that are starting to get sick or are sick. Vitamin A is the first to go when you have a virus or sickness, so the more the merrier.
- VItamin D3
- Zinc, Vitamin C
What to take for FLU- like symptoms:
- Feeling the aches and pains, chills and shivers ? Best thing to reach for and to keep in your home is Boiron’s Oscillococinum. It’s hard to say and no one knows how to say it – but fabulous and very effective when taken in the early stages of those nasty aches and chill flu like symptoms.
- Garlic Tea- see above for details.
- Immuplex or Congaplex or both.
- Don’t forget the drainers – Antronex and Spanish Black Radish.
Be sure to rest and get lots of fluids!!
Call me in the morning if you are not feeling any better or things are not working.