Welcome Dr. Monica Vaghela to Charlotte Natural Wellness!!
Charlotte Natural Wellness Welcomes Dr. Monica Vaghela!!
Just Moved from the West Coast
Dr. Monica Vaghela has recently moved back to the Charlotte area with her husband and their dog. She graduated from UNCC with a BS in Biology and went to Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine for her doctorate degree.
She uses an integrative approach in patient care by looking at the whole person and finding the root cause. She has experience with a variety of patient types that range from working with refugees to professional athletes.
Dr. Vaghela provides care in endocrine support, such as:
- Thyroid issues
- Hormone imbalances
- Weight management
- Stress management.
How she is different:
She takes the time to listen to her patients to provide the best possible care using various modalities, such as:
- Nutritional therapies, like botanical medicine.
What is Ayuveda?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine is based wellness of the mind, body, and spirit together.
- These come together to make one of three doshas or body types: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- First step is to determine what one’s dosha / body type is, then customized recommendations are made.
- Recommendations on foods, exercises, and other lifestyle changes are made to promote overall wellness for your body based on your dosha.
- Ayuveda focuses on customizing diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes to improve health – instead of just supplements.
Patient education is very important to Dr. Vaghela, and she spends a great deal of time ensuring that the patient understands the reasoning behind the illness and provides the tools for the body’s innate healing ability. She has hosted several educational talks and appeared on numerous news channels discussing various health topics.
Recognition & Awards:
Dr. Vaghela was recognized in her field in Natural Awakenings Phoenix Edition two consecutive years in a row:
- 2014 & 2015 Natural Choice Awards and in the Arizona Health
- Living Magazine as a leader in community outreach.
Interested in learning more about Dr. Vaghela?
Would you like a FREE 15 minute phone consultation with her?