It’s time for a DETOX – 14 Quick ways to DETOX w Quick Recipe
Natural Detox for 2019
- Avoid the 12 MOST toxic fruits and vegetables (peaches, apples, bell peppers, celery, blueberries, kale, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, pears, imported grapes, spinach, lettuce, potatoes ) use organic varieties of these instead.
- Freely eat all of the 15 LEAST toxic fruits and vegetables (onions, avocado, sweet corn, pineapples, mango, asparagus, sweet peas, kiwi fruit, cabbage, eggplant, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapefruit, sweet potato, honeydew melon).
- Avoid the fish with the highest mercury content (shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tuna, orange roughy, marlin, Chilean bass, lobster, halibut, snapper).
- Freely eat the fish with the lowest mercury content (Clam, Ocean perch, Alaskan salmon, tilapia, flounder, sole, catfish).
- Avoid ALL SUGAR – sugar reduces the ability of your liver to clear toxic compounds out of the blood stream (in addition to all the other bad things it does for your body).
- Consume broccoli and the other members of the brassica family daily. Broccoli has the highest amount of compounds in it that enhance your ability to clear toxins from your blood stream. It also has compounds that prevent cancer and can balance estrogen metabolism. Raw or juiced has the highest activity.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Drink green tea.
- Eliminate coffee and soda intake.
- Eliminate alcohol intake.
- Increase your levels of organic green foods (green leafy veggies) daily.
- Utilize a sauna to tolerance once a week.
- Have dry-cleaning air out in the garage or car trunk for 72 hours before bringing them into the house.
- Make sure you are having a bowel movement daily – if not see your Naturopathic Doctor about that!!
Quick Green Drink Recipe
Detox Green Juice Recipe
½ green apple
3 stalks celery, no leaves
Bunch of kale
1/2 lemon, peeled
1 piece fresh ginger
Handful of parsley
Sprig of mint (optional)