STEPS TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY FROM SILICONE AND SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
1. Explant – The first and most important step to detox the body is to properly explant your breast implants which means En Bloc/Total Capsulectomy. Please see the EXPLANT page for a full explanation of a proper explant and the EXPLANT SURGEONS page for a list of world wide surgeons who remove breast implants properly. After explant give your body a month to recover and heal from surgery before stimulating detoxification.
2. Diet – The next and most important step after removal of breast implants is to support the body’s natural systems of detoxification through healthy diet which means an organic, non GMO, whole foods diet of a little fruit, (lemons, limes, coconut, green granny smith apples and berries are the best fruits to eat) lots and lots of all kinds of vegetables (50 per cent raw 50 per cent cooked), some organic/free range/grass fed meats and eggs, some resistant starch carbs to feed probiotics and some carbs from root vegetables. Include lots of healthy fats and oils such as organic/raw/grass fed butter if you can tolerate dairy, coconut oil, unheated olive oil, avocado and avocado oil, fresh flax seed oil and lots of clean fish/krill oils. Include raw nuts except peanuts which carry mold. Include Hemp seeds and Chia seeds. Drink six to eight glasses of purified, mineralized water. Cut out all sugars/sweetners, dairy and gluten grains which are inflammatory to most guts. Cut out all processed foods, anything with a label on it, anything in a can, anything in a box, cut out all chemicals, cut out all sweets, candies, cakes, pastries, cut out caffeine, pop, chocolate, alcohol, yeasted and foods with vinegar. Use a natural sea or Celtic salt full of various minerals from a clean source. Use apple cider vinegar.
Your clean, wholefoods diet will be the most important factor in how you feel day to day and how quickly your body detoxes. Eating cleanly allows your body the extra energy it needs to do the heavy work of detoxing. Examples of diets that work for us are the Gerson Therapy diet (good for vegetarians), antifungal/low mycotoxin diets (good for fungus which many of us battle for months after explant) and the AutoImmune Protocol diet (good for those that suffer from autoimmune symptoms and diseases).
These diets are digestible to the body, lower inflammation in the gut and do not feed fungus and other pathogenic microorganisms that cause many of our symptoms.
3. Heal Your Gut – Many women who have toxicity from breast implants have digestion and bowel problems potentially from leaky gut, gut dysbiosis, IBS, Crohns, inflammation, fungus and parasites. Some women develop allergies due to leaky gut and lose the ability to digest dairy, gluten grains and other inflammatory or allergenic foods. All inflammatory and allergic foods must be cut out of the diet completely in order to lower inflammation in the gut and support digestion. When inflammation is present in the gut and digestive tract the body slows down or stops digestion and detoxification. If you have gut problems, a whole foods diet as outlined above and cutting out inflammatory and allergenic foods such as dairy and gluten will help you feel better, digest better and detox faster. Bone broth and powdered collagen will help heal your gut and please ensure you have enough Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes to digest your food. If your gut is badly damaged and not responding to good diet and bone broth and you need additional help please check out the GAPS diet guidelines for healing damaged guts. If you have auto-immune symptoms follow the Autoimmune Protocol diet to bring down inflammation in your gut and modulate the autoimmune response in the body. Probiotics, especially lactic acid producing probiotics and soil based probiotics found in fermented foods and raw fruits and vegetables are very important for healing/restoring healthy gut flora, modulating your immune system and chelating toxins from the body. If you buy fermented foods such as sauerkraut, obtain it from a health food store which carries traditionally cultured veggies and avoid grocery store varieties made with vinegar. It is easy and inexpensive to make your own cultured vegetables at home which supply much larger quantities of probiotics than store bought supplements.
4. Check for MTHFR Gentic Variants and Support your Methylation and Detox Pathways – MTHFR genetic variants may be inhibiting your ability to detox if left untreated. Essentially MTHFR genetic variants impair our ability to break down necessary B vitamins. In polls taken in our facebook group more than half of the respondents had MTHFR genetic variants which inhibit our liver methylation and detoxing. Many test for MTHFR through their doctor or through 23andme.com. MTHFR is easy to treat with a few supplements such as Methylfolate known as L-5-MTHF and B12 supplement knows as Methylcobalamin or Adenosylcobalamin or Hydroxocabalmin (all different forms of B12 targeting specific purposes) and MethylB6 known as Pyridoxal-5′.
5. Infections In Us – After explant, some ladies have discovered fungal colonization in their saline implants and chest. Some ladies have had contact with mold in their environment and have mold infections in their body due to immune deficits caused by breast implants. Additionally, most breast implant illness ladies have an overgrowth of fungus such as yeast/Candida in their gut and even systemically in their body due to immune deficits.
Many ladies also have other infections in their gut such as H-pylori and SIBO. Some ladies had bacterial infections in their capsules. Capsular contracture is known to be caused by bacteria in the capsule. Some ladies have mycoplasma infections. Some ladies have Lyme, EBV and herpes infections causing their health problems. These bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitical infections caused by immune deficits due to breast implants need to be eliminated for a full recovery.
6. Green Vegetable Juicing – Vegetable juicing is very helpful to supply extra nutrition, potassium and enzymes crucial for healing and detoxification. Try and include a large vegetable juice in your diet each day. I found the Gerson Therapy Green Juice here very helpful to how I felt day to day and to my overall healing: http://gerson.org/pdfs/Green_Juice_Recipe_and_Preparation.pdf
7. Vitamin and Antioxidant Supplements to Lower Inflammation which Detox and Healing – Vitamin and antioxidant supplements help keep inflammation low which stimulates detoxification. Please carefully read all labels and research supplements that you take as some have unhealthy ingredients you need to avoid. Vitamins A, B, C, E, Selenium, Zinc, CoQ10/Ubiquinol, Turmeric/ Curcumin, Milk thistle, Ginger and Krill Oil will all help lower inflammation in your body and keep your detoxification cycle up regulated. Vitamin D is important to healing and is the vitamin that controls all hormones and is low in most of us. Most of us are very low in B vitamins and especially B12.
8. Stimulate Detox – After you have mastered good diet and your digestion and bowels are working well, you may want to begin to stimulate detoxification.
9. Glutathione – If you do research on detoxification you will come across information on Glutathione which is a simple molecule produced in the body that acts as the body’s master detoxifier picking up free radicals, toxins and heavy metals and escorting them out of the body. Normally, Glutathione is created and recycled in the healthy body except when the toxic load becomes too great and then it becomes depleted. Glutathione is made from the amino acids (protein building blocks) Cysteine, Glutamine and Glycine.
10. Exercise – Get exercise each day if possible. At first walking, yoga and swimming are great exercises for healing breast implant illness. Gradually work up to fast walking and even jogging to get your circulation and lymph moving well. Go outside for fresh air and sun and to connect with nature each day. If possible, sit or lie on the ground/grass/beach each day to eliminate inflammation in your body through grounding.
11. Sauna Therapy and Epsom Salt Baths – If you have access to an infared sauna, sauna two to three times each week. It is well known that toxins and heavy metals are eliminated through the skin by sweating and infared kills microbes in the body. Avoid saunas if you have implants and or mercury fillings. Also take a couple Epsom salt baths a week for magnesium replenishing and detoxification.
**. Timeframe to Feel Healthy – You will notice that the process of detoxification does increase inflammation in the body and the feeling of illness for a period. Moving toxic chemicals, bio-toxins and heavy metals through your body and organs will cause inflammation and detox symptoms (headaches, brain fog, negative mentalism, emotionalism, sore back bone, sore joints, general illness, fatigue, digestive disturbances) and an increase of your specific symptoms which is why you should go slow and need to take rests from detoxing but always maintain your clean wholefoods diet and some exercise if possible.
Detoxification of breast implants is not a straight line, but rather an up and down process generally lasting one to two years. After explant, you will notice certain symptoms go away and you will feel better for a few months but then in a few months after explant, your body will begin the heavy work of detoxing stored chemicals and heavy metals from your cells and your symptoms will increase and go up and down for some months but gradually disappear one by one.
Most women feel substantially better within about one or two years. If you are not improving over months and years, then you need to look for other sources of toxicity. Perhaps you have a bacterial or fungal infection that is creating bio-toxins. Please ensure you are not living or working in a moldy environment.