5 Ways to Prevent Colon Polyps
If you are over the age, or near the age of 50, – colon polyps are something that can occur.
Colon growths or polyps- can increase in size and become cancerous. They like to grow in your intestines, like weeds in your garden, they are unwanted and just cause problems.
25% of the American population have colon polyps, (stat done by the cleaveland clinic) so what to do about it??
Here are 5 simple steps you can take to help prevent & reduce the risk of developing these polyps:
1. Avoid excess alcohol and do not smoke tobacco. – Alcohol actually increases harmful estrogens that can increase growths of unwanted cells. So opt for sparkling tonic water or kombucha instead.
2. Lose any extra weight to normalize your body mass index. We can help you do this naturally, by learning what foods maybe causing weight issues. If there is inflammation present in the body or various other health conditions (like thyroid or hormonal imbalances) this can affect your ability to lose weight.
3. Exercise—including at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity and 2 sessions of muscle strengthening per week.
4. Eat at least 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day & avoid fatty and processed foods as well as- red meat in excess. Aim to eat 2 cups of veggies with each meal to attain this. Throw veggies in stews, soups, and chili’s to help get them in without knowing!
5. Take supplements to increase protection (based on whatever nutritional imbalances you show in labs), visit your closest Naturopathic Doctor for specific customized support or Give us a Call.
Need some support?
Feel out our FREE health assessment to see how you fair.
Then call to schedule a FREE 15 min phone consult to review your results.
Give us a call – we’d love to help guide you on your health journey-